"BUS ZONE" signs
Just a reminder to parents: please obey the "BUS ZONE" signs at RVMHS and Three Oaks Elem. Keeping all River Valley students safe is our goal! In an effort to make the bus routes run as smooth and efficient as possible, please call the Transportation Office at 269-756-7899 if for any reason your student will not be riding, whether it be for one day or several. For your convenience, you can reach us at 5:45 A.M. or feel free to leave a voice mail at any time, day or night. The earliest notification possible will be greatly appreciated by the drivers so if need be, they can re-route or leave at a different time. Thanks so much for your help!
GENERAL ROUTE NOTES
DANGER ZONES AND MORE...
- Bus schedules for the school year will be available online the week prior to the first day of school. They will also be posted at the front doors of each school building.
- All times are estimated and are subject to change.
- Bus numbers are subject to change.
- Bus drivers are subject to change.
- Route times and buses often change during the school year.
- Students should be at their assigned stop, ready to board the bus 5 minutes before the scheduled stop time.
- Some routes with heavy loads may not be able to accommodate additional riders due to bus capacity. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee extra groups will have adequate seating for scout meetings, birthday parties, etc.
DO YOU KNOW...there are areas to stay clear of when getting on and off the bus? Because school buses are so large, there are blind spots around the bus where it can be hard to see small children as they are preparing to board or after exiting a bus. Parents can help bus drivers keep children safe by discussing the danger zones shown in the photo below.
- Front Danger Zone:
It is never safe to walk close to the front of the bus. Children should walk five giant steps ahead of the bus before crossing in front of it.
- Side Danger Zone:
Children should always stay three giant steps away from the side of the bus.
- Rear Danger Zone:
Never walk behind the school bus.
- Rear Danger Zone:
Walk (don't run) three giant steps away from the bus when exiting the bus.
- When the bus approaches, step back from the curb at least three giant steps.
( information and artwork on Danger Zones fromhttp://www.tcaps.net)